Sunday, August 23, 2009

Kukuza and the Lake











When we were at the Lake last March, we saw an new, interesting looking place to stay that was pretty cheap - roundels on the lake front. This time that is where we stayed - Kukuza chalets. It is run by a Dutchman (I think). Pretty primitive, but with running water (no pressure, though), and a partial functioning water heater. Also a small refrigerator and a kettle to heat water, mosquito nets and a fan. It was nice to wake to the sound of the lake's waves crashing on the shore. Sunday morning we walked down the beach and I found the place where I stayed my first visit in 1994. At that time is was part of the Baptist mission, now it has been sold. We enjoyed the walk, and then Roger and John caught up with us. They sell curios on the lake shore. We have spent more money with them than I want to think about, but they are very charming young men. Jose ended up buying a hippo tooth... I ended up with some very expensive thank you notes! Oh well. The pictures are of the chalet, the lake front, the 'guys' - John, Roger and Jose, with his tooth, and the old mission house.

No comments:

Post a Comment