Saturday, August 15, 2009

Angellah, Tristen and Wezzie
















This afternoon we picked up Wezzie and went to visit her sister, Angellah, along with her husband Lawrence and baby boy Tristen. They live on the outskirts of Lilongwe, along some of the most narrow and gouged out roads you can imagine - for a city! Tristen is 14 months old and almost ready to walk. He is at the 'talking' stage but you can't understand anything he says! I wish I had taken my video camera, because he was carrying on something fierce - haha, Angellah said he sounded like he was preaching! I had to agree - and he was shaking his fists and gesturing like all the African preachers I have seen. I am sure his grandfather, Pastor Peter Maseko, would be proud of him! Wezzie brought him a sucker, and by the time we left, he was covered in sticky stuff. We always try to bring him some clothes and a new toy. The one this time plays ABC and counting songs, along with an assortment of US style nursery rhymes. He seemed to really like it. Toys are rare here and the children all delight in anything new. Angellah and Lawrence live in a small compound with the landlord and another rental house. The landlord saw visitors arrive and came to meet us and make us welcome. I love Malawi! They have more social graces in their daily life than any other group of people I have ever met!! Lawrence works for World Vision and Angellah tutors students at home. We were blessed by being able to attend their wedding in 2007. The pictures: the couple together are Angellah and Lawrence, the young woman alone is Wezzie, the sweet boy is Tristen, and of course Jose and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment