Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Another E3 clinic, and Chitipi orphanage.

Saturday we went out on another E3 clinic. Total patients seen - 743. It was a long but productive day. Sunday Kelley left and we were very sad to see her go!  I ended up with some GI bug starting Sunday and have been under the weather since then. I was able to drag myself out of bed on Monday (a holiday here) to go to Chitipi orphanage, part of the Children of the Nations orphanages here in Malawi. It is delightful to go see the kids. I don't have one of these kids sponsored (mine is out of high school and waiting to see if he can get into university or college) but I have friends who sponsor some of these kids. If you have ever considered sponsoring a child, I recommend COTN. They aim for 3 sponsors for each child. The ones in the orphan homes get excellent health care and lots of love. The ones in the feeding village live with extended families, get to go to school and get at least one nourishing meal, with protein, every day. They also get good health care.
Tomorrow we go to another village for a clinic, and then Friday the plan is Maula prison. Sorry this is short but I am still not myself. Please pray for me. A village is not the place to be with stomach issues.
Enjoy the photos
My 'office', Ruth was my translator, and quite a good one, too!

Kelley doing malaria tests.

Crowds of people waiting for pharmacy or malaria testing

I have teaching Luke some basics of Malawi diseases, tests (almost none) and treatments. Hopefully he will be taking some of the load off in the next couple of clinics!


Chitipi, COTN orphan home. This smiling beauty is Esnart. She is enjoying the new jump rope we brought.

Tapiwa, another orphan at Chitipi. She gets lots of love here!

Little Daniel, the youngest orphan at this home.

Caleb, enjoying the hoola hoop we brought

Mikey, used to be the youngest, He took a huge bite out of the ball he is holding.... he actually 'ate Russia' (it had a world map on it!)

Some of the older boys. With the soccer ball Luke brought!

No comments:

Post a Comment