Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mico and the yard

 Mico checking out the flower beds.
 ?Shrimp plant?
 Flower
 Camilla
Shorty giving Mico a bath.

OK, this is on the lighter side - Tuesday we left for Mount Mulanje for a few days. I will blog on that later. Before we left, I went around the yard and took some photos. Mico, the guard dog, came with me. He is an old guy, and used to belong to the Browns. He now guards the guest house. He does have a big bark, but I suspect he would just lick anyone who tried to break in. For Karri and Mandy - yes, we are still feeding him some table scraps!  Shorty also feeds him dog food (not just nsima). During our walk-about, I couldn't help but notice a couple things - he smells terrible and he has his own personal collection of flies. Before we left for Mulanje, I concocted a doggie shampoo with tea tree oil (for the flies), and then Shorty found a tube of ointment to keep flies away. He was getting his bath when we left - and actually seemed to be enjoying it. On our return yesterday, he had fewer flies and less smell, and came and laid at our door (aaawwww...). Ok, it is just the hope of food, I know!  So for the girls, Gaylord and Fredna - Mico is doing fine and enjoying his quasi-retirement! Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment